DOK & Compare/Contrast
This page updated: 1/15/2020
The Goal: You will use the Point-By-Point method of compare and contrast to pick a topic of your choice.
Your Purpose: You will use your depth of knowledge at the NEED TO KNOW (minimum level) to TEACH others about two items/topics which you will compare and contrast. You will use categories to present the items, and within these categories, you will show us the relationships between the topics.
Your Audience: Your audience will be peers who have slightly less knowledge than you about the topic(s). You will teach the audience something they likely didn't know.
Your Essential Question: You will use your own depth of knowledge about your topic to create a good essential question, which you will answer in your writing.
1. Use your Post-It Note Parking Lot and get feedback from friends, family, and parents on topics you are very knowledgeable about.
2. As you brainstorm topics, start writing down clarifying questions that will help you explain the relationships between your items. BE READY to add these clarifying questions to your graphic organizer/brainstorm.
3. Create a Venn Diagram. Each item gets its own circle.
Click here for the Venn Diagram Maker link.
4. Use the 5W's & H method to complete your Venn Diagram. The questions listed are just suggestions; consider the 5W's & H as it relates to your topics.
What (show, don't tell)
5. Submit a shareable link or upload your PDF Venn Diagram below. Use the "text reply" to share; the "upload a file" to upload.