This page updated: 1/27/2021
Prewrite: Brainstorm Details & Categories
The Goal: You will brainstorm qualities and categories you choose based on a letter below.
Your Purpose: You will respond to the letter by sharing what you feel are the best qualities of a good teacher.
Your Audience: The audience is the letter writer and people like her.
Trivia: Did you know that Jenny is our narrator Arthur's niece?
1. Print out the printables for this lesson.
2. Use a mind map to brainstorm words and phrases that you feel are qualities of a good teacher. Pause me for a moment and watch the video below.
3. Once you have your qualities, look at your words and identify 3 categories that you could group your brainstormed words into. Put those categories on your mind map.
3. If you are feeling brave, you might want to add a word cloud to your mind map. Watch the video below to see how it's done.
4. Submit a shareable link or upload your graphic organizer below. Use the "text reply" to share; the "upload a file" to upload.