This page updated: 02/07/2020
Draft: MI Write/PEG Writing
You will use MI Write/PEG Writing to turn your writing scaffold into a rough draft. This is also where you will complete the revise & edit stages of the writing process.
Your DOK needs to be at the NEED TO KNOW level or the NICE TO KNOW level. Pick something you can define and classify because you have a lot of experience with it. Here is the DOK Checklist.
The purpose of your writing will be to persuade or teach your audience about what makes a "good _____." This means you will define what "good" means as well as identify the categories that make ____ "good." Remember, YOU are the expert here, so speak with authority!
Audience: Use the audience you identified in your AAI.
1. BE SURE your body section writing scaffold and essay scaffold are is complete. Remember, the more time you spend on the writing scaffold the easier creating a rough draft will be, and the faster you will generate a final piece of writing.
Also, your brainstorming and writing scaffolds must be submitted. It is part of your class grade.
3. Log into MI Write/PEG Writing
Your user name will be your WTS login (firstnamelastinitialwts)
Your password will be your last name (lastname)
if your last name is less than 5 letters long, add "wts" to the end of it
Example: Sally Smartpants
4. Choose your class.
5. Go to "practice" to find your writing prompt.
6. Choose "begin writing."
7. Turn off the timer.
8. Copy and paste column #2 of your writing scaffold into the text box.
9. Use the following check list as you go through the pasted text. Fix sentence parts and create a variety of sentence types in the text. The more effort you put into this step, the easier (and faster) your rough draft will come together. Check off items as you go along.
10. Erase the scaffold framework so you have only your words in paragraph form.
11. "Submit" your writing even though you still need to revise and edit. By submitting, Mrs. G. can see your work and offer suggestions. Always "submit" rather than "save and quit"; Mrs. G. can not see your writing if you "save and quit."
12. Your goal is to get 2.75 or higher in your first 3 drafts. Your final goal will be to earn 3.5 or higher on your final draft for all.