This page updated: 02/07/2020
Revise & Edit
You will use MI Write/PEG Writing to complete the revise & edit stages of the writing process.
Topic: "What makes a good____?"
1. Log into MI Write/PEG Writing
2. Choose your class
3. Find the writing sample you wish to work on in the list.
4. Click on the link (the date is the link to the writing sample)
5. Read through your work.
1. As you go in to do your revisions, it might help to separate sentences apart with a double-space so its easy to find the text line that needs correction. This step is optional.
2. READ EACH comment carefully. "S" comments are spelling suggestions. "G" comments are grammar comments. Gray highlights are sentences that have grammar and sentence structure issues.
3. What to do first?
There may be a lot of spelling issues, so feel free to do those first. That will make the overall draft less distracting. (Here again is the Paragraph/Sentence Parts Checklist, if you need it)
Then, check your paragraph parts
Now improve your sentence variety.
4. Continue revising and editing until there are no errors.
5. It is at this point you will gain further development of ideas, organization and style feedback from your instructor, so be ready to share.