This page updated: 02/07/2020
Prewrite: The Thesis Statement
1. Review the video on thesis statements.
2. Remember, a thesis statement
needs to state a focused opinion that answers a question
needs to introduce reasons (or points) that support the answer to the question
3. WORK ON YOUR INTRO PARAGRAPH in the essay scaffold. Put your background info in first, then craft your thesis statement. Finally, add your opening hook.
4. Use your newly crafted thesis statement to construct your conclusion paragraph. Write your restatement of the thesis, then your summary of best (or all) points, call to action, or connecting statement to a larger idea. Finally, add your closing hook.
5. In the "text reply" below, copy and paste your thesis so Mrs. G can see it.