This page updated: 1/15/2020
Prewrite: Depth of Knowledge Review
You will match your DOK with a topic of your choice to compare and contrast. Your DOK must be at the NEED TO KNOW level. You will use current understanding of the compare/contrast methods (All-At-Once and Point-By-Point) to determine what topic(s) to write about.
1. Make a copy of the DOK checklist. Use this to help you with this lesson.
2. Review what depth of knowledge (DOK) is in the following video.
4. Get feedback from friends, family, and parents on what topics/subjects you know a lot about. Put these ideas in your Post-It Parking Lot. Come up with about 10-15. Then, find 3-5 ideas that particularly stand out as interesting.
5. As you get feedback, ask for help identifying clarifying questions (CQs) that will help you expand the topic and uncover strong details. Write these CQs down to help you when you construct your Venn Diagram in the next lesson. In fact, put these on Post-It notes and add to your Parking Lot.
6. Choose 3-5 topics as possibilities for this paper.
7. Send Mrs. G a "text reply" with your final topic and growing list of CQs. You should have 5-6 at this point.