Depth of Knowledge (DOK)
This page updated: 11/6/2019
Draft: MI Write/PEG Writing
You will use PEG Writing to turn your writing scaffold into a rough draft. You will also apply the Paragraph/Sentence Parts Checklist to your rough draft. Finally, you will complete the revise & edit stages of the writing process.
Topic: Possible Future Career
Purpose, pick one:
Inform/Describe EQ: What career interests you? Describe the career and what it would take to work in that career?
How To/Events EQ: What steps are necessary to have a career in ___? How would someone accomplish them?
Persuade EQ: Why would a career in ____ be the best choice for me, given my personal strengths?
Teach EQ: Though many people don't know what a ____ is, it a career path I want to introduce you to because ____.
Uncover a New Way EQ: I have a vision for the way _____ can be improved. So, I plan to study/work at _____ so I can _____. Here's my plan...
1. BE SURE your writing scaffold is complete. Remember, the more time you spend on the writing scaffold the easier creating a rough draft will be, and the faster you will generate a final paragraph.
2. Log into MI Write/PEG Writing
3. Choose your class
4. Go to "practice" to find your writing prompt.
5. Choose "begin writing." Your mind map and writing scaffold are the Prewritng for this assignment. The AAI is also part of Prewriting.
6. Turn off the timer.
7. Copy and paste your writing scaffold into the text box.
8. Revise your words and phrases into strong sentences. Use the Paragraph/Sentence Parts Checklist. The more effort you put into this step, the easier (and faster) your rough draft will come together. Check off items as you go along.