The Writing Process - Review
This page updated: 07/22/2019
Draft: PEG Writing
When is this assignment due?
Essential Question: How will nanotechnology impact me in the future?
Need to visit the nanotechnology site? The link is in in the lower right.
1. Review how to use PEG Writing. (The video is updated 10/7)
2. BE SURE your writing scaffold is complete. Remember, the more time you spend on the writing scaffold the easier creating a rough draft will be, and the faster you will generate a final paragraph.
3. Log into PEG Writing
Your user name will be your WTS login (firstnamelastinitialwts)
Your password will be your last name (lastname)
if your last name is less than 5 letters long, add "wts" to the end of it
Example: Sally Smartpants
4. Choose your class
5. Go to "practice" to find your writing prompt.
6. Choose "begin writing." Your mind map and writing scaffold are the Prewriitng for this assignment.
7. Turn off the timer.
8. Copy and paste your writing scaffold into the text box.
9. Save a copy of the following check list to use as you go through your writing scaffold. Fix sentence parts and create a variety of sentence types in the scaffold. The more effort you put into this step, the easier (and faster) your rough draft will come together. Check off items as you go along.
10. Revise your words and phrases into strong sentences. This will count as your rough draft.
11. Erase the scaffold framework so you have only your words in paragraph form.
12. "Submit" your writing even though you still need to revise and edit. By submitting, Mrs. G. can see your work and offer suggestions. Always "submit" rather than "save and quit"; Mrs. G. can not see your writing if you "save and quit."