The Writing Process
This page updated: 3/24/2020
You will get feedback on your writing. Feedback is essential to make your writing the best it can be.
What to do?
Explain the EQ to your feedback person.
Feedback Person: be ready to explain what you see rather than tell what needs fixing. "This sentence confuses me because I don't know where it ends," is more helpful than "You are missing a period."
What is your Main Idea?
What is your Essential Question?
Does your topic sentence answer your Essential Question?
Does your conclusion sentence restate your topic sentence?
1. Log into MI Write.
2. Find the working draft of your writing. It should be the entry with the newest date.
3. BE SURE your working draft is complete enough for someone else to read it.
4. Ask a parent to give you constructive feedback on your writing. Also, use any feedback given to you by Mrs. G. to polish your work.
5. You are striving for an error-free version of the draft.
6. Save/Submit your work regularly so you don't run the risk of losing it and so you can see your revisions.