This page updated: 10/29/2021
Paragraph Parts, 2 of 2
Each part of the hamburger paragraph has a very special role to play. Now, you might be familiar with them, but there is much more to know.
1. Please make a copy of the printable document in the upper right of this lesson. Use it as a review AFTER you watch the videos.
2. Below are four videos for parts of the Hamburger model of a paragraph.
Topic sentences are covered in the 1st video,
Supporting details are covered in the 2nd,
Transition words are covered in the 3rd, and
Conclusion sentences are covered in the 4th video.
3. There are diagrams from the printable document above each video. These will help you visualize the paragraph part as the narrator explains.
4. You may know a bit about each part of a paragraph, but watch the videos closely, as there is new information for each.
5. There are questions and comments within each video. When the video pauses, please discuss ideas with your parents or writing coach.
6. Be sure you can describe each of the four parts presented here to a parent or your writing coach.