Cause & Effect
This page updated: 5/25/2020
Brainstorming Cause & Effect
You will practice choosing and using various types of graphic organizers as notes for a class discussion on the following problem/solution:
Students with language-based challenges struggle with writing. Why?
How could students who struggle with writing show what they know other than writing an essay?
First Graphic Organizer
1. Choose which graphic organizer you will use for the first EQ - which is a problem.
2. You can choose a graphic organizer in the Cause & Effect section of the WTSOA Graphic Organizer Collection in the Talent main dashboard, use the template I built, or create a graphic organizer by hand.
3. Please identify at least 4 categories that could uncover causes for this problem. For each category, please give 2-4 causes. Brainstorm examples to help you explain your causes. Be ready to share your in class on June 1st.
4. Please email Mrs. G a copy of your first organizer.
Second Graphic Organizer
1. Now choose a DIFFERENT graphic organizer to brainstorm the second EQ - which is a cause/decision.
2. Again, choose from the WTSOA Graphic Organizer Collection in Talent, or use the template I built, or create a graphic organizer by hand.
3. Using some of the examples you discussed in the first graphic organizer as your categories (please choose 3 examples from the first organizer). Then, list possible assignments, projects, demonstrations, or ways a student could show what they know instead of writing an essay. Brainstorm examples to help you explain your solutions. Be ready to share your solutions in class on June 1st.
4. Upload a picture of your organizer, or share a link to your organizer so Mrs. G. can see your second organizer.