This page updated: 11/30/2019
Basic/Mini Essay - Compare & Contrast
Prewrite: Organize Essay Sections
The Goal: You will use your completed body paragraphs writing scaffold to construct your essay writing scaffold.
Topic: Teenage Social Pressures
Purpose, pick one:
Inform/Describe EQ: Compare and contrast an event in your life with an event in an older sibling or parent's life where there was social pressure that had to be overcome.
How To/Events EQ: How does the Internet affect social pressure on teens today as compared to teens from 30 years ago?
Persuade EQ: Social pressures on teens in the 21st Century are more/less difficult than for teens in the 20th Century due to ___, ___ and ___. (Blanks are categories you will choose to compare/contrast.)
Teach EQ: What is social pressure and how does overcoming it compare/contrast between you and your parent's generation?
Uncover a New Way EQ: NA
1. Open your Basic Essay Writing Scaffold file.
Remember, you called it " [My name] basic essay writing scaffold for Social Pressure CC"
2. Now, read through the information you pasted from your body paragraphs writing scaffold. Make changes as you see fit.
4. WORK ON YOUR INTRO PARAGRAPH in the essay scaffold. Then, work on your conclusion paragraph.
5. Start using the following check list as you go through your writing scaffold. Fix sentence parts and create a variety of sentence types in the scaffold. The more effort you put into this step, the easier (and faster) your rough draft will come together. Check off items as you go along.
6. When you complete your essay writing scaffold, copy and paste your work into the appropriate prompt in MI Write/PEG.
7. Submit a shareable link of your essay writing scaffold. Use "text reply."