Cause & Effect (Essay #1)
This page updated: 04/29/2020
Polish & Publish
"So what?" What makes your cause/effect relationship such a big deal, anyway?
Your answer will be in the form of a basic essay. Your graphic organizer, DOK, Purpose, and Audience, and writing scaffolds are the foundations of your rough draft. You will revise and edit until you have an error-free draft in MI/Write. You will then share your work with Mrs. G, get feedback from others, and polish your work.
Finally, you will publish your final draft in our class discussion group, where your peers will complete a review called "Two Stars and a Wish."
1. Log into MI Write
2. Find the working draft of your writing. It should be the entry with the newest date.
3. BE SURE you have gotten feedback to make the writing the best it can be.
4. Ask someone to read your working draft OUT LOUD. Listen for the reader's pauses, re-reads or stumbles. This is a good indication you need to make a few more revisions.
5. You are striving for an error-free version of the draft. You are trying for scores of 3.75 or higher in THREE of the six traits.
6. Save/Submit your work regularly so you don't run the risk of losing it.
Post to the class Discussion Group:
Finally, post your error-free final draft in our class discussion group.
Complete at least three replies to someone else's writing - use Two Stars and a Wish to frame your comments. This is part of your grade. Parents may comment too!