This page updated: 08/252020
Reviewing the Writing Process
Polishing & Publishing
So, did you answer your essential question?
Your answer will be in the form of a basic or expanded summary paragraph. Your graphic organizer and writing scaffold are the foundations of your rough draft. You revised and edited until you had an error-free draft in MI Write. You shared your work with your work with your feedback person and your instructor.
1. Log into MI Write.
2. Find the working draft of your writing. It should be the entry with the newest date.
3. BE SURE you have gotten feedback to make the writing the best it can be.
4. Ask someone to read your working draft OUT LOUD. Listen for the reader's pauses or re-reads. This is a good indication you need to make a few more revisions.
5. You are striving for an error-free version of the draft.
6. Save/Submit your work regularly so you don't risk losing it.
7. Finally, post to the class discussion group. Be sure you are posting an error-free draft. For the first few writing samples, we will do this in class to show you how.