Purpose & Audience
This page updated: 08/21/2019
The Goal: You will use information from your own experience to answer this essential question:
What are three reasons homeschooling is a good educational choice for you?
Suggested Topic Sentence: "My family and I choose to homeschool because ___, ___ and ___."
1. Get feedback from parents on why they chose homeschooling as an option for you. Discuss the role you played in making that decision.
Clarifying Question: What, if any are learning obstacles for you?
Clarifying Question: How has homeschooling helped you with those obstacles?
Clarifying Question: Are there any unique benefits for you being a homeschooler?
2. As you get feedback, ask yourself the clarifying questions above. There can be many ways to answer the essential question.
3. Create a mind map. Put the essential question in the center bubble of your mind map.
Need to use a mind map app other than Mind Mup 2.0? (Mac users) Try XMind.
4. Use the 5W's & H method to complete your mind map. Use your own words. Create at least 3 detail-bubbles for each 5W & H; add more if you can!
Who was involved in making the decision?
What was involved in making the decision?
What benefits do you have being a homeschooler?
When did this decision occur?
When, during a day, do you homeschool?
Where do you homeschool?
Why has it helped you in past?
How does it help now?
5. Submit a shareable link to your mind map below. Use the "text reply" icon. XMind users, feel free to upload your mind map.