Beth Ellen Expert = M, T, Th, F
Mrs. G Expert = W
USE PRIVATE GOOGLE CHAT
Click for Trivia zoom room
rounds begin 10am CST
Last round 3pm CST
Rounds are 45 minutes
This page updated: 08/04/2019
Age of Empire
PEG Writing: Reflecting on the Progressive Era and Age of Empire
Choose a specific topic to write about that you feel summarizes what the Progressive Era and Age of Empire (1890's - 1910's) was all about.
1. Make a copy of this file.
2. Pull together your notes, word list, and printables to help you find a topic to write about. The timeline and Wikipedia article (below) will help you narrow your focus. You can choose to learn more about an event or a person.
3. Choose one of the questions in the file to be your EQ/Prompt. You will find the prompts in PEG Writing.
4. Use the basic essay scaffold found in the file to help you craft your writing.
Use the EQs in the file as the basis for your thesis statement
Choose your favorite graphic organizer to brainstorm
Present a minimum of 2 reasons why you believe the way you do
Your final essay should be 4-5 paragraphs long.
SUBMIT your writing scaffold by uploading the file below.
5. Use the writing scaffold to craft a strong essay (4-5 paragraphs). You will submit this for a grade.
6. Finally, post a copy of your final draft in our class discussion group.