The Writing Process
This page updated: 2/22/2020
Creating a Rough Draft
What leisure-time activity do you do that puts you in a good place?
Your topic sentence:
______ always puts me in a good place, that's why I do this during leisure time.
1. Review the video on MI Write.
2. BE SURE your writing scaffold is complete. Remember, the more time you spend on the writing scaffold the easier creating a rough draft will be, and the faster you will generate a final paragraph.
3. Log into MI Write
Your user name will be your WTS login (firstnamelastinitialwts)
Your password will be your last name (lastname)
if your last name is less than 5 letters long, add "wts" to the end of it
Example: Sally Smartpants
4. Choose your class
5. Go to "practice" to find your writing prompt.
6. Choose "begin writing." Your mind map and writing scaffold are the Prewritng for this assignment.
7. Turn off the timer.
8. Copy and paste your writing scaffold into the text box.
9. Revise your words and phrases into strong sentences. This will count as your rough draft.
10. Erase the scaffold framework so you have only your words in paragraph form.
11. "Submit" your writing even though you still need to revise and edit. By submitting, Mrs. G. can see your work and offer suggestions. Always "submit" rather than "save and quit"; Mrs. G. can not see your writing if you "save and quit."